So you are looking to find your way around recording on Snapchat without holding the button? well I have got you covered. Here are a few simple steps you need to follow for both iPhone and Android (depending on the device you own) to be able to do so. Keep reading!
Steps needed to be taken to go hands free on Snapchat for iOS.
So first you need to open settings on your phone then find general and then go to accessibility & under the interaction tab you can find assistive touch, slide the button to turn it on.
Settings > General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch.
2. Now when you turn on the Assistive touch, click on to “create new gesture”, it will ask you to enter the gesture, simply click and hold the screen until the blue bar is finished. Now you may rename the gesture to something which you will remember.
3. After creating the gesture you should see the grey coloured round transparent icon on your screen.
4. Next you need to open up Snapchat and tap on the little grey dot on the screen.
5. Then tap “Custom“ and select the gesture you just saved. In this case its “Snapchat record“
6. This will cause another grey dot to appear, Drag it to the record button and let go.
This will now keep recording and you can let your hands go free. The only downside to this method is that this trick lasts only for 8 seconds.
Steps needed to be taken to go hands free on Snapchat for Android.
Android does not support Assistive touch so we will address this issue with the Indian way of solving things, and that is by “Jugaad” , Read On!
1. So Indians solve most of their household problems in the most frugal way possible, which is what the word “Jugaad” means. Now for this Method, first get a rubber band (no I am not kidding,get it! :P)
2. Now you need to wrap around the volume up button on your Android phone with rubber band with help of which you will be recording on the device.
3. You just need to be careful with this method as it might happen that your rubberband get wrapped around the power button which will cause the device to lock and also make sure that the rubber band is not getting in way of your phone's camera.
4. Open Snapchat! :P.
5. Now you need to take that rubber band and make the band pressing down the volume up button and which will make the recording starts automatically.
And the best part is in this method the recording lasts full 10 seconds.
So after you are done with setting up the recording, you can use your hands as you like :).